You were just running, the leaves crush under your feet and are not
sure if anyone is following you, but a gut felling keeps you going.
Then you come to a quick halt. There you stand unprotected and
vulnerable to any one, as the trees close in around you. Then a twig
snaps you avert your eyes to the origin of the sound. As you
frantically look about; you hear leaves shuffle around, knowing
someone is stalking you. You begin to panic, your heart beating faster
and faster and your breathing increases. It is unbearable to
withstand. In a blind furry you let loose a barrage of paintballs in
every direction. You look around at the surrounding trees painted by
your gun. BAM! You cringe, feeling a stinging sensation in your back.
This is, because you have just become a victim of someone’s paintball
gun. You walk off the field feeling miserable, but you smile knowing
the war is not over.
That was a scenario that I hoped you enjoyed. I am going to address
the topic of why should you should try paintball as a sport. First you
are going to need standard equipment for paintball. I will talk to you
in three areas: first, the best equipment for you, second standard
equipment, and third where to purchase your equipment. This will help
you understand why you should play the sport.
To choose the best equipment for you is to first find your main style,
there are two main paintball styles: “Turtle and Rabbit.” The turtle
style consists of finding a safe location and then taking the enemy,
but while doing so you must not let your location be known. To be a
turtle you must have great patience. For...
... middle of paper ...
... their equipment. The internet website:
www.xpaintball.com , www.anythingextreme.com, and www.walmart.com.
This website and my internet browsing helped me on where to purchase
To refresh you on my main topics: First, You need to know what your
style is in paintball whether turtle or rabbit. Second, when you know
your style, get your equipment based on your style and try out of
different type’s equipment. Finally when you decide to buy your
equipment use the internet and get multiple types of equipment to
compare and read reviews on the equipment you choose to buy. I want to
thank for listening to my speech and you were just informed about
standard equipment for paintball. I also encourage everyone to go and
at least try paintball, because this sport is excellent for people who
like to just have fun.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... In some of my other writing, like a research paper or a persuasive paper, I did not pick topics that I was so excited about. Because of this difference in exigence, I believe that my writing was not as strong as my writing for my senior thesis paper. Rhetorical Context Although many people before me have written about the issue of the glass ceiling, I came in and wrote my thoughts about the issue with a frustrated and angry view which is quite different from the sources that I read that were written by head corporates that addressed the situation and made vague claims about trying to change the way they and their employees view women.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Rhetoric, Writing system]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- This portfolio will be comprised of several of my original written pieces from both English Composition 112 and 112. During both semesters I was able to reach enlightenment through my writing using many technical writing skills that I learned throughout the course of Dual Enrollment English as a whole. My main English weaknesses during my beginning semester were focused around verb usage, diction, content (mainly from research), and organization (through beginning, middle, and end). Although, towards the end of English Composition 112, I seemed to have mastered most of these weaknesses and they were now my newfound strengths in writing overall.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writing style, Paper]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- Reflecting back to the start of English 122, I feel I may have started with a little more confidence in myself as a writer. As I progressed through the course however, I realized I had a lot of work in improving my skills. I found I needed to be refreshed of the basic construction of an essay as well as some basic grammar and syntax skills. Reflecting on the last eight weeks of English 122, I have learned the basic steps of the writing process, the importance of utilizing outlines, and have improved my overall writing skills in a formal essay.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Proofreading, Rhetoric]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- ... In reflection, brainstorming ideas with a visual organizer and creating a detailed outline would have prevented me from jumbling ideas together; additionally, it would have made my revision process much easier. After gaining more insights about visual and linear organizers in module five of the learning resource, I now sketch out a visual planner and brainstorm on ideas for the topics first (English 122: Composition I, Module 5). I then pull my outline together so that I have a nice clear path before I even start my formal draft writing.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Composition studies]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- The children’s novel Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White is not only an esteemed story of friendship, it also offers an illustration1 for what White considers to be good writing. Writing is like manufacturing textiles or creating a web, as it is something that takes skill to be woven and crafted. Although Charlotte’s Web is introduced to children in order to provide them with a heartfelt story of friendship and a base to strengthen their reading skills, the novel also explicates what it takes to be a good writer.... [tags: Writing, Skills]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- ... For this reason, I had to ask an adult or look up a word in the dictionary in order to understand and learn the word. The more I read, the smarter I began to feel thus increasing my vocabulary. The introductions to new words excited me, and by learning these complex words I felt smarter than my peers. Although the sense of competition assisted in teaching me to read higher than most of the children in my class, my ambition is what really drove me to excel. The simple fact was that whenever I read better books, I wrote better stories.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Creative writing, Writing process]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- In persuasive or argumentative writing, we try to convince others to agree with our facts, share our values, accept our argument and conclusions, and adopt our way of thinking. Elements toward building a good persuasive essay include * establishing facts to support an argument * clarifying relevant values for your audience (perspective) * prioritizing, editing, and/or sequencing the facts and values in importance to build the argument * forming and stating conclusions * "persuading" your audience that your conclusions are based upon the agreed-upon facts and... [tags: Writing an Essay]
438 words (1.3 pages)
- Everyone needs to know how to write a persuasive essay. It's actually not as difficult as it seems. Give yourself time. Trying to cram an entire 5 paragraph persuasive essay within 100 minutes is not a good idea. Allow yourself enough time to brainstorm, write, and proofread. Put as much effort into your paper as you can in the time period you are given, including the steps below. Brainstorm. Writing a persuasive essay is very much like writing an ordinary paper. Of course, before you begin, you have to come up with a good solid view, a foundation which you can base your entire paper on.... [tags: Writing an Essay]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- In persuasive writing, a writer takes a position FOR or AGAINST an issue and writes to convince the reader to believe or do something. Persuasive writing is often used in advertisements to get the reader to buy a product. It is also used in essays and other types of writing to get the reader to accept a point of view. In order to convince the reader you need more than opinion; you need facts or examples to back your opinion. So, be sure to do the research. Persuasive writing follows a particular format.... [tags: Writing an Essay]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- Cellular Phones- Original Writing
- The Character of King Richard III in William Shakespeare's Play
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- An Inspector Calls by J.B. Priestley
- The Development of the Genre of Animation in 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' by Madagascar
- The Portrayal of the Gangster Genre in American and British Cinema in 'Goodfellas' by Martin Scorcese and 'Layer Cake' by Matthew Vaughn