Astrology is a way of thinking that things only happen for a reason and that it is not coincidental. If something happens because it coincidental then it would be science, and astrology is not really science. Astrology gives believers the reasons why some of the things happening to them are happening. Astrology may shed light on those who need a better understanding. People want to know their future it may give them something to look forward too. People who believe in astrology have a tendency of thinking that horoscope will help them prepare for their future. Astrology can be satisfying and personally fulfilling wisdom for most who believe.
There are four steps to explore the scientific method of something and this would not work on astrology. There is no scientific method when it comes to astrology because there is no proof that it is real or not real. How astrology is measured would be very difficult to determine. Astrology not observed in a scientific testing facility, because it involves thinking by someone that believes in astrology. A hypothesis to compare a...
... middle of paper ...
...e, could attribute a failure to perform psychic readings and feats to “bad timing,” an “uncooperative spirit,” or “negative energy.” (Kirby 255)
Therefore, astrology is not really a science but more of a way of thinking by some. Astrology cannot compare to a science by a practical means. However, one thing is for sure astrology has many followers and continues to grow in popularity. Since astrology can offer its followers, a desirable forecast for the future by giving them a glimpse of what may come their way someday. For those who think that astrology is real it would be hard to convince them otherwise. Nothing will change their minds not even the fact that astrology never supported by a scientific study.
Kirby "Feeling" Kirby, Gary R., Goodpaster Jeffery R., Scientific Thinking. Pearson Education, Inc: Upper Saddle, New Jersey, 2007. 220-258.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Most of us use the art of persuasive thinking every day in one way or another. However, most of the time we do not even realizes that we are using persuasion to influence that person. Unless we use the power of persuasion intended for whatever purpose such as to sell something or influence your intended target of something. There are many ways to be persuasive, but first must understand a few things such as human nature, thinking carefully and learning to control our emotions. When we are trying to persuade someone to accept our message, we are using the art of persuasion.... [tags: flattery, appealing to pride]
616 words (1.8 pages)
- Journal of a Titanic Passenger I am writing my first entry aboard this incredible vessel today, primarily because I have been spending the last three days exploring the sections open to my fellow third-class passengers and I. What I have seen is extraordinary, especially when first boarding the ship. The halls and staircases of the first class section were like nothing I had ever seen before in my life. They were blanketed in luxury from end to end. The first class passengers I had managed to see wore their best garments boarding the ship and were conversing with each other about their rich lives back home.... [tags: Journal Diary entry titanic Essays]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- Each week I have been writing in my identity journal and each time it seem to help answer the question of how do I identify who I am. In are world we identity are self in two ways who we really are and who we what other to believe we are. This is us wearing a mask. In week five and six we had to write our entry was a creative piece—a short story, poem, drawing, or other creative form explore issues of identity. This was for me a poem and a drawing that went with my drawing on how we all wear mask.... [tags: Journal, identity, ]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Europe changed dramatically in the course of the 17th and 18th centuries. In many ways, this change was a result of changes in intellectual’s approach to natural history, or science. This revolution in scientific affairs, sparked by thinkers like Bacon, Newton, and Descartes, resulted in a significant upheaval in the arts and literature of Europe. Research into this spread of scientific thinking, which would eventually come to influence ideas about such wildly disparate fields of human endeavor as physics, religion, and governmental theory, shows that Francis Bacon played a major role in encouraging the growth of the Scientific Revolution.... [tags: Scientific Thinking, Enlightenment]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- A Critical Analysis of the Structure of Scientific Journals Within the article “Introducing Students to Disciplinary Genres: The Role of The General Composition Course”, the authors claim that structure, reference, and language are three conventions which are prominent in all “academic genres.” “Research Concerning The Influence of Using Different Doses Of Non-Protein Nitrogen in Cows Feed Over the Milk Quantity and Quality” is a scientific article which embodies each of those writing conventions.... [tags: Science, Scientific method, Research]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- ... The provider will look into the goal of inserting a feeding tube to a patient with end stage dementia or someone recovering from acute illness. Advanced stage dementia is not because they are starving but is because they become a failure to thrive with muscle wasting and cachexia which is part of the end stage disease process. It is very difficult to place a feeding tube because it will be hard to remove the tube when times come. The risk of placing a feeding tube for patients with advanced disease is very high.... [tags: Health care provider, Patient, Medicine]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- Mad Cow Disease Journal Entry January 6th, 2004 Garden Grove, California Dear Journal, Mother has just gotten back from the grocery store. She's loading up the refrigerator with chicken, fish, and eggs--no red meat once again. Oblivious to the complaints about father saying the risk to human health from Mad Cow Disease is low and that he has got to have his meat. What can I say. A man has got to have his red, red meat. It has only been less than a year since the World Reference Laboratory has confirmed that a cow killed in Alberta, Canada was tested positive for bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) also known as Mad Cow Disease among the public.... [tags: Pesonal Narrative Diary disease Essays]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- The Very Last Journal Entry I just had an appointment for a philosophy student, probably my first one this semester. He was writing a paper and it was the exact same topic that I had had in my philosophy class last year. It was really nice to know exactly what to tell him since I had been through the same experience. Being a philosophy major, I know the type of writing that philosophy teachers like: papers with a very orderly structure and statements that are backed up heavily.... [tags: Papers]
340 words (1 pages)
- “Why am I here?” “What is the meaning of life?” “Who am I?” These are all common questions for one to occasionally ponder throughout his or her lifetime. Some people, however, are plagued by those questions, constantly interrogating their life, and its purpose. I, happen to be one of the people who are chronically bedeviled by questions. I want to know what my purpose on this earth is, and why I’m really here. More than that though, I want to know who I am. (insert your name here) isn’t who I am; it’s a name.... [tags: essays research papers]
490 words (1.4 pages)
- Journal of Love *If you've been hurt in the past by people dont assume that you will always be hurt, open your heart to someone who you can trust and you will find true love, dont deny yourself of that feeling* *You don't come across that many people that give you butterflies, you just dont* "If two past lovers remain friends, they are either still in love, or never were." "You always overlook the little things in a relationship. It's the times when you wake at 4am and smell his cologne when you know you have made a mistake." "Isn't it funny how you can think you're completely over someone, but if you drive past his house, stumble upon a meaningful song you both shared, or even catch... [tags: Journal Entries Love Relationships Essays]
6299 words (18 pages)