Corey, Corey, and Corey (2010) describe the main focus of task groups, to be the application of group dynamic principles and processes to improve, practice, and foster the accomplishment of identified work goals. In a task group setting, the members usually work together to complete a specific goal. Corey, Corey, and Corey (2010) describe task group leade...
... middle of paper ...
..., has also allowed me to gain some insight into what it takes to be a leader within each of the four major group types. Research into these area’s has also provided me with a sense of assurance, that I didn’t have before, in that it has assured me that the techniques I am learning in my counseling program are designed to mold me into the group leader that I wish to be.
After analyzing my fears regarding group leadership, I have become aware of the many different techniques that are used in helping future counselors develop the skills they need to become a competent group leaders. Although task, psycho-educational, counseling, and psychotherapy groups require a different individual leadership style, there is one thing that they all require of a leader, the competence to administer and conduct the group in a manner that will be beneficial for all its members.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8f/Free_The_Children_Logo.png Assignment: Group Leadership Paper Course: Leadership (POLS 2005) Prepared for: Blake Lambert Prepared by: Shea Oracheski, Devika Smith, Ameer Ally, Suzy Queen, Harrison Legada Buenafe. Due: October 3rd 2014 Free the Children is a charity that aims to develop a sustainable way for youth in third world countries to have access to basic rights such as food, shelter, and education. It empowers youth to join programs, help raise awareness, and create change for the less fortunate (Wingrove, 2010).... [tags: Leadership, Management]
2419 words (6.9 pages)
- The definition of leadership is “leadership is the activity of leading a group of people or organization or the ability to do this (What is leadership, 2015).” Leadership is also about helping followers that are gifted in many areas to concentrate on the organization’s true mission. A true leader helps motivate followers into seeing the future of the organization and breaks down the true vision to make it understandable by all. Leadership includes motivating, teaching, coaching, building on the diversity within an organization, helping, directing, and many other aspects.... [tags: Leadership, Ethics, Ethical leadership, Management]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Throughout the course of a Master’s counseling program, moments of doubt, and a lack of working knowledge are bound to play a major role in the confidence a future counselor will posses in effectively implementing interventions early on in the instructional phase of his or her career. Corey (2010) states that an effective group leader, is able to become aware of their own vulnerabilities, and take responsibility in their responses. To become aware of a possible vulnerable area, a counselor must first take a concise look into their personal strengths and weakness, and then decide to actively seek out assistance with working on vulnerabilities.... [tags: Informative, Fear, Psychoterapy]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- After completing the group task of preparing a presentation on, transferring individual facilitation skills into a group work setting I will critically reflect upon my own participation. I will evaluate my self-awareness while working in the group, as well as those around me. The way that I personally dealt with any issues that arose within the group and how that affected the group dynamics. I will also briefly discuss the roles in which each member of the group took and how role allocation affected, the group dynamics and the working relationships.... [tags: Organizational Dynamics, Group Leadership]
1636 words (4.7 pages)
- The meaning of leadership has many different meanings but there is one that really sticks out to me which is, being a leader of a group, and having that feeling of importance. In leadership of philosophy we learned that there not really a real difentation. According to John C Maxwell, “ A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. My view of leadership is teamwork, teambuilding, a group leader, and group work. Leadership is a very important in order to be successful. My dream job would be a president or a principal of a school for the disabled.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Quincy, Massachusetts]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- This research assignment critically analyzes group dynamics through examining Group Formation and Structure, and Leadership. The purpose of this assignment is to provide students with the opportunity to work in a small in-class group and experience the changes and processes that occur within groups. The assignment aims to provide an insight into behaviour of individuals in groups by reflecting on the individual 's personal experience as a member of the structured in-class group and comparing it to relevant theories and academic research.... [tags: Sociology, Group dynamics, Member of Parliament]
1787 words (5.1 pages)
- Leadership course created for helping you develop as a leader. In the plan, you learn your own personal and professional leadership goals and steps to achieve these goals. During your life and career, you should continually update and improve yourself. If you are not able to lead yourself you cannot lead others. Leader is a person who influences a group of people towards the achievement of a goal. Before being a good leader first of all you have to ask yourself this question “Who am I?” According to the book "Exploring Leadership" by Susan R.... [tags: communication, PERMA model]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- Generating momentum for change can be innovative or challenging. The Change Leadership Group believes the successful leadership of transformational improvement process in schools and districts require sharpening capacities in two quite different directions at the same time: 1) Leaders need to see more deeply into why it is so hard for our organizations to change, even when there is a genuine, collective desire to do so. More than just seeing why, leaders need to learn how to take action effectively to help our organizations actually become what they need and want to be.... [tags: education, schools]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- ... Alibaba’s two large shareholders are Yahoo China and Softbank. Stakeholders of Alibaba also include buyers, online shop owners, suppliers, partners, shareholders, advertisers, third-party certification service providers and etc. The stakeholders of Alibaba also include its competitors Jingdong.com and eBay and etc. Core competence of the Alibaba showed below: First of all, the core competence of the Alibaba must be the organisational culture. According to Ma (2013), the technology that Alibaba used is only a tool, the core competence of the organizational culture.... [tags: environment, strategies, leader, vision]
3248 words (9.3 pages)
- Examining Traits Consistently Related to Leadership Effectiveness It is unfeasible to admire, appreciate or approve of an effective leadership if one cannot equate what makes a leader effective. For that reason, comprehending what is considered effective leadership has to be view through the traits of a successful leader. As stated by Gary Yuki (2012) leadership has been a topic that has long motivated interest among society. The word leader denotes the phantasmagorias of powerful self-motivated individuals who lead triumphant militaries, direct corporate empires, or influence the direction of nations (Yukl, 2012).... [tags: virgin group, leadership effectiveness]
1031 words (2.9 pages)